Who we are
What we do
How to help
Ways to give
VISION FOR 2017
The vision of Lending Hearts is a world where children living with cancer don’t feel alone.
Since 2011, Lending Hearts pioneered, developed and grown in the services making a positive impact for families served. For 2017, the vision is to expand programming opportunities, reach and awareness.
2017 Lending Hearts Next Steps Goals:
1. Expand First Friday Lunches at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC to occur twice monthly. Each month, a full lunch is provided to all families in the oncology department.
2. Expand Patient Therapy - Continue monthly art therapy program that allows for emotional and social expression in a small group setting.
3. Expand Out of Treatment Events - Continue monthly enriching experiences that promote arts, culture, education and wellness at area venues. These larger group family experiences also promote social and emotional expression within the Lending Hearts family of friends comprising an organic support community.
4. Establish Nurse Ambassador Program - a program empowering hospital nurses with the tools to provide integrative oncology methods bedside to patients.
5. Introduce and Full Implementation of UP Street - an in hospital wellness program implementing an integrative oncology program at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC that mirrors adult alternative therapies enabling mental, physical and spiritual wellness.
6. Introduce Lending Hearts Ambassador Programs - outreach into schools, universities and community raise awareness of youth with cancer, gain advocacy and provide a platform for community service.
7. Expand Nationally - introduce Lending Hearts and Kids for Fighting Hearts programs to hospitals around the country.
8. Seek National Sponsors for transforming vision into reality.