Who we are
What we do
How to help
Ways to give
Mission, Vision & 2018 Goals
Mission: To provide emotional and social support to children and young adults with cancer and their families through unique activities and community outreach in surviving treatment and beyond.
Vision: The vision of Lending Hearts is a world where children living with cancer don’t feel alone as Lending Hearts is a valuable resource addressing and assisting pediatric oncology patients and families in their time of need. Starting as a Pittsburgh-based nonprofit, we envision facilitating Lending Hearts services and programing at every children and young adult oncology treatment center.
Lending Hearts addresses the need for assisting pediatric cancer patients & families in surviving treatment. Programs & services promote wellness, community and emotional support both in treatment and beyond. Our newest initiative for surviving treatment is a complete pediatric oncology wellness program we are call UP Street. It includes holistic activities supporting mind, body and well-being.
• UP Street – solidify programming at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC that will enable growth into other hospitals in the United States and ultimately making the UP Street program synonymous with pediatric integrative oncology care
• Lending Hearts – with introduction of UP Street into additional cities, expanding programming in those cities to provide for full Lending Hearts monthly programming efforts outside of the hospital setting.
• Jr. Council – expand Jr. Council into more school districts to provide students opportunities for leadership, philanthropy and community while providing direct peer to peer emotional and social support to the families we serve.
• Increase family registration and involvement by 10%.
• Provide meaningful topics in education with twice yearly forums for key stakeholders in pediatric oncology care.
• Increase nurse ambassadors’ registration and involvement by 10%.
• Enhance all current programming;
o Add another “First Friday” lunch at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC.
o Greater participation in partnerships like the Highmark Walk initiative
o Expand Kites Take Flight for Childhood Cancer community day
o Develop key relationships for unique monthly family events
o Add more marketing component pieces better explaining what we do and when. Additionally, adding a layer of visibility in public and social media solidifying the Lending Hearts brand further.